Printing via Inbooklet
If you want to print your document as a booklet and then saddlestitch it (staple), this is how to do it.
1. Make sure the pages in your document are a multiple of 4. So that’s 12, 16, 20, 24,etc. Inbooklet will not work if you don’t do this.
2. Make sure that you have your document set up as facing pages as per this drawing (this is for a 12 page document). You have to have the front and back covers on a page by themselves like I have here.
4. The default setting is for a saddlestitched document. All you need to do is to click the box that says CREATE NEW DOCUMENT which is on the bottom left hand corner. This will create a totally new Indesign file with bleed and crop marks.
5. Check that everything is in the right place. Your front and back cover should now be on on page, your inside front cover and inside back cover should be on the next page. They’ll print back-to-back. Now, print a black and white copy to make sure it’s all ok. Sometimes things can move around.
6. Get the print shop to do the stapling and trimming for you so that you’ll have a very professionally finished document.
Filed under: Book making | Leave a Comment